Create instant raised beds for growing vegetables at home
Aussie Gardener Geofelt Planters are easy to move about and built really tough to last for several years of use, now everyone can have a go at growing vegetables.
We designed the Geofelt Planters with a few great features;
- The bags are large enough to do proper veggie growing (and fruit trees) 55cm wide, 40cm tall.
- The fabric allows the soil to breath which creates finer roots towards the edges and no root bound plants because the roots sense that air and stop growing in that direction.
- The fabric filters the water but allows it to slowly pass through if there is excess. There are no drainage holes needed so no soil spillage.
- The 100L soil mass acts as a giant sponge soaking up the water and storing it ready for plants to tap into. Think of how vegetables growing in the ground have access to deeper water below their roots.
- A filled planter with potting mix weighs around 30kg so can be lifted (using the handles) by 2 people or using a trolley.
This means you can move your veggie garden to follow the sun throughout the year.
- Slugs and Snails hate the surface texture of the geofelt fabric and wont crawl up the sides negating the need for snail pellet poisons.
- The geofelt we use is about double the thickness of other ones on the market. We pay extra to have it UV stable so you can keep using them outdoors for several years even in full sun. We have also used UV stable double stitching on all seams so that it doesn't fall apart.
- They look great and you can easily add more to your growing space at a low cost. Much cheaper than metal raised beds.
- Order potting mix in bulk from your local soil yard and have these set up in a matter of hours at low cost. 10 planters needs 1 cubic metre of potting mix which will cost you about $100 delivered.
- Our customers have written 483 reviews on these and given them a 4.9 star rating.
- They are compatible with the Pestfree Mini covers which are made to fit these so you can add those on later and have full protection from bugs, birds, possums and rabbits.
- We provide Free online tutorials in how to set these up.
- Also great for growing flowers and hedges. We have planted a Leyland Green Conifer hedge at our warehouse to screen out an adjacent building. The pot size is large enough to sustain a 2m tall hedge.
Want an easy way to stop the pests? Get the matching PestFree Mini Covers
Want hand-picked veggie varieties that grow particularly well in these planters? Get the matching - Top 14 Veggie Seeds for Pots
Want an easy way to water? Get the matching irrigation - Octaspray
These geofelt planters are made from PET which is BPA free and food safe. There are cheap versions of these around but they are only going to fall apart and lead to frustration and more landfill. These are beautifully made to last and perfect for growing veggies, herbs or other plants.
As a guide, you will need 4 bags of potting mix (25L) to fill these. The total required per black planter is 100 litres. Don't skimp on the soil with cheap stuff as it is usually only fine woodchip compost. Better to get a potting mix labelled for veggies as it will have nutrients already added.
If you are buying a few, get a load of potting mix delivered from your local soil yard. You will need 100L per bag. They can work that out.
NOTE: Use Potting mix, not heavy soil from your garden or soil yard which often contains sand. The handles on these planters are designed to carry the weight of potting mix only which is lighter than garden soil. This will also make them easier to lift and move if needed. When lifting, use a smooth action rather than a quick jerk.
If you have used heavy garden soil, use a trolley to move them around rather than lifting by the handles.
Doesn't the black get too hot in the sun?
A valid concern when thinking about black plastic plant pots which get very hot.
Something amazing happens with the geofelt in that it releases the heat rather than trapping it like a normal plastic pot would. See the graph below to see the temperatures in our geofelt planters during the middle of the day.
I'm a first time shopper, how do I know I can trust you?
Read through the hundreds of reviews below to see what our customers say about these Geofelt Planters.
We know it's hard buying things online and always having that feeling that it might be junk, but that is one thing we do differently. We take the time to refine a product with manufacturers until we have something that is fit for purpose and made to last. No buying disappointments. And thats why we have over 16,000 customer reviews on our website, because we care.
By the way we also have 30 days 100% satisfaction guarantees on ALL of our products so you can really try them out for a month and know they can be returned for ANY reason. That's a pretty big risk we take, but an important one to show how we believe in treating people well, and providing a great purchasing experience.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Veggie Growing Planter