5inch (12.5cm) wide by 28inch (70cm) long allows you to be standing whilst drilling the holes in soil.
Being a larger auger it is recommend you use one of the following drills
- Dewalt 54V Joist Drill (best and easiest option)
- Commercial grade Mains Powered Drill with Variable Speed 240v
- Petrol powered Drill (13mm chuck) with side handle and clutch to protect you against kickback.
It has a common 13mm (1/2inch) hex head.
NOTE: We don't recommend this size Power Planter for home garden use. This is a professional grade auger used by Landscapers and does require a higher spec drill and previous knowledge with power tools. It is NOT suitable for cultivating the garden, but is great for digging post holes.
For DIY home garden Power Planters, please see the Home Gardener Range at this link.
Popular uses are:
- Rapidly planting 125mm (5inch) or similar pot size. (Also suitable for planting smaller tubestock where you want to improve the soil by adding compost to the hole)
- Drilling a 125mm diameter tunnel under a path
- Tree Planting and applying fertiliser tablets deep into soil.
- Post Hole digging with minimal external soil disturbance.
- Mixing barrow loads of Concrete/mortar
- Mixing fertiliser into soil mix
- Mixing paint
- Digging a trench for plumbing and irrigation - by drilling holes to required depth consecutively along the line and then remove any remaining soft soil with a trenching shovel or by hand.
N.B. Drill only shown for size reference. The price does not include the Dewalt Drill shown in the demonstration images.
Search Phrases: Power Planter 528 H